http://anasfootballsite.blogspot.com/

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Transfer news: Wes Brown giving no thought to new Sunderland deal

Wes Brown claims to have given no thought to his future despite entering the final year of his contract at Sunderland.
The experienced defender will turn 35 in October and appreciates that, with injuries also being taken into account, inevitable questions will be raised as to how long he can continue.
The former Manchester United man has no intention of hanging up his boots any time soon, though, with there a desire on his part to play at the top level for as long as possible.
"I just want to play as well as I can this season, hopefully stay in the team and then see what happens."
Wes Brown
Whether he is given the opportunity to prolong a four-year stint at the Stadium of Light remains to be seen, but for now Brown insists that his focus is locked on enjoying a productive 2014/15 campaign.
He told the Chronicle when asked if he has been mulling over his future: “No, there is no point.
“I just want to play as well as I can this season, hopefully stay in the team and then see what happens.
“I have played football all my life so it is not just something I am going to quit straightaway if it is possible to carry on.
“I am not the sort of person who does not like football or becomes bored with it.
“It has been with me since I can remember, so until these legs drop off I will try to play as much as I can.”
Brown realises that in order to remain competitive he needs to carefully manage his body, with knee problems having kept him on the sidelines at regular intervals in recent years.
He added: “The goal every season is to play as many games as possible. It is as simple as that.
“It was always niggles with me. I always felt stuff and then carried on and made it worse. It took me a while.
“Now, if I feel anything, I stop and then in a few days it has gone. You just have to manage yourself like that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment