http://anasfootballsite.blogspot.com/

Friday, August 8, 2014

Premier League: Sunderland's Jack Rodwell glad Manchester City career is over

Jack Rodwell has admitted his time at Manchester City was “difficult and disappointing” and is relieved to have signed for Sunderland.
The 23-year-old England international joined the north-east club on a five-year deal earlier this week following two years at City during which he made just 16 first-team appearances.
Rodwell was considered one of England’s brightest prospects after impressing at boyhood club Everton and the midfielder hopes to recapture his best form.
“I started pre-season with Man City but always thought I should be signing for someone else,” he said.
“It’s been difficult. I struggled with injuries in the first season and didn’t have much playing time in the second.
“It was a great experience and a learning curve but disappointing at the same time. I wanted to play every week there but it didn’t work out like that unfortunately.
“But that’s football, you have to get on with it, and it’s a new chapter now and I’m glad to finally get the deal over the line and crack on.
“I can’t wait to start at Sunderland now. Hopefully I can get the minutes on the pitch and play week-in, week-out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment