http://anasfootballsite.blogspot.com/

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Gomez: Being booed 'not so dramatic'

Gomez: Being booed 'not so dramatic'
Germany forward Mario Gomez has played down the boos he received from his own fans during the 4-2 friendly loss to Argentina on Wednesday.
The Fiorentina striker missed a string of good chances in Dusseldorf on his comeback to the national team after an injury-ridden year.
However, Gomez understands the fans' feelings and has acknowledged that he let his side down with his profligacy in front of goal.
"I had chances - I have to take them," he is quoted as saying by Bild.
"I don't think the fans' reaction is so dramatic. Lots of them were hoping I would score goals, but I didn't. We lost the game because I did not score."
Germany kick off their European Championship qualification campaign on Sunday with a clash against Scotland in Dortmund.

No comments:

Post a Comment